On Wednesday, January 23rd, New Mexico State took on Denver and came out on top against the Pioneers 53-42 in WAC action. The Aggies were led by Daniel Mullings, who put up 11 points plus eight rebounds. Renaldo Dixon also contributed, scoring four points and adding seven rebounds. For the Pioneers, Brett Olson got six points and four assists. New Mexico State (13-8, 7-2 WAC) goes to Texas State (5-14, 1-6 WAC) on Thursday, January 31st.
New Mexico State Game Notes
- New Mexico State started 13-8 during the 2009 and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Denver extended the New Mexico State winning streak to 7 games.
- NMSU beat the spread by 9.0 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Aggies have beaten the spread.
- NMSU has won 100% of the time this season (10-0) after holding an opponent to under 40.9% field goal percentage.
- NMSU has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 6 or fewer assists.
- This season New Mexico State has won 83% of the time (10-2) when Bandja Sy has 10 points or more, 80% of the time (4-1) when Tyrone Watson has 5 field goals made or more, and 100% of the time (6-0) when Sim Bhullar has 7 rebounds or more.
- The Aggies have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--NMSU has a 15.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Tyrone Watson and Daniel Mullings) accounted for 43.3% of the points.
- Tyrone Watson has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 21 games this season.
- Bandja Sy has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 21 games this season.
- Bandja Sy has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Tyrone Watson has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Daniel Mullings has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Denver Game Notes
- Denver lost and did not cover the spread.
- Chris Udofia recorded a team season high in blocks with 6.
- The top two scorers (Royce O`Neale and Chris Udofia) accounted for 42.8% of the points.
- Royce O`Neale accounted for 41.6% of the team's rebounds.
- Royce O`Neale has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 10 times in 19 games this season.
- Royce O`Neale recorded the 9th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Chris Udofia set a career high with 6 blocks.