Washington State 61
(10-9, 0-6 away)
(16) Oregon 68
(17-2, 13-1 home)
Venue: Matthew Knight Arena
9:30PM ET / 6:30PM PT, January 23, 2013
||B Motum 18
||B Motum 6
||R Woolridge 2
||D Dotson 11
||A Kazemi 9
||D Artis 3
On Wednesday, January 23rd, Washington State was clipped by No. 16 Oregon 68-61 in conference play. The Cougars remain winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-3 for the season. Mike Ladd put up a game-high 19 points plus eight rebounds in a losing effort. Brock Motum had 14 points and added four rebounds. For the Ducks, Arsalan Kazemi finished with 16 points and seven rebounds. Washington State (10-8, 1-5 Pac 12) takes on Oregon State (10-8, 0-5 Pac 12) on Saturday, January 26th on the road.
Washington State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:18 left to go.
- Washington State started 10-9 during the 2005 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- WSU beat the spread by 3.0 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Cougars have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, WSU played 26 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 8-18.
- The Cougars have lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after having a field goal percentage of 35.7% or worse.
- Washington State has lost 75% of the time this season (2-6) after recording 61 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 15 or more free throws made this season, Washington State has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 68 or more total points this season, Washington State has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- When the opposition records 24 or more field goals made this season, Washington State has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- The Cougars have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Washington State has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 4th loss of the season where the Cougars opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Mike Ladd accounted for 31.1% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Mike Ladd and D.J. Shelton) accounted for 45.4% of the rebounds.
- Mike Ladd has led the team in scoring 5 times and in rebounding 5 times in 19 games this season.
- Brock Motum has 19 straight double-digit point games.
- Mike Ladd has 7 straight double-digit point games.
Oregon Game Notes
- Oregon won, but did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (E.J. Singler and Arsalan Kazemi) accounted for 51.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Damyean Dotson and Arsalan Kazemi) accounted for 43.2% of the rebounds.
- E.J. Singler has led the team in scoring 3 times in 19 games this season.
- Damyean Dotson has 4 straight double-digit point games.