Green Bay 61
(10-10, 1-8 away)
(16-5, 10-1 home)
Venue: Athletics-Recreation Center
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, January 23, 2013
||K Sykes 15
||J Fouse 7
||K Sykes 4
||R Broekhoff 17
||R Broekhoff 8
||E Buggs 3
On Wednesday, January 23rd, Valparaiso turned the ball over just eight times and defeated Green Bay 73-61 in conference action. The Crusaders were led by Ryan Broekhoff, who put up a game-high 19 points plus nine rebounds. Matt Kenney had 10 points and added nine rebounds. For the Phoenix, Alec Brown got a team-high 18 points and six rebounds. Next up for Valparaiso (16-5, 6-1 Horizon) is Youngstown State (10-8, 3-3 Horizon) on Wednesday, January 30th on the road.
Valparaiso Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:26 left to go.
- Valparaiso started 16-5 during the 1998 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Green Bay extended the Valparaiso winning streak to 6 games.
- Valpo beat the spread by 3.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Crusaders have beaten the spread.
- The Crusaders have won 100% of the time this season (10-0) after recording 73 or more total points.
- Valpo has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 23.5% three-point percentage.
- Valpo has won 93% of the time this season (14-1) when opponents record 3 or fewer blocks.
- This season Valparaiso has won 92% of the time (11-1) when Kevin Van Wijk has 12 points or more, 80% of the time (4-1) when Will Bogan plays 30 minutes or more, and 83% of the time (10-2) when Ryan Broekhoff has 9 rebounds or more.
- The Crusaders have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Valpo has a 16.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Ryan Broekhoff recorded a team season high in free throws made with 14 and free throws attempted with 15.
- Erik Buggs tallied a team season high in steals with 6.
- The top two scorers (Ryan Broekhoff and Kevin Van Wijk) accounted for 42.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ryan Broekhoff and Matt Kenney) accounted for 58.0% of the rebounds.
- Ryan Broekhoff has led the team in scoring 13 times and in rebounding 15 times in 21 games this season.
- Ryan Broekhoff has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Ryan Broekhoff had a career high with 14 free throws made.
- Erik Buggs had a career high with 6 steals.
- Matt Kenney has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Kevin Van Wijk has 5 straight double-digit point games.
Green Bay Game Notes
- Green Bay lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Alec Brown and Keifer Sykes) accounted for 54.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jordan Fouse and Brennan Cougill) accounted for 48.4% of the rebounds.
- Alec Brown has led the team in scoring 6 times in 20 games this season.
- Jordan Fouse has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 20 games this season.
- Keifer Sykes has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Jordan Fouse.
- Brennan Cougill has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Daniel Turner.
|B+||Kevin Van Wijk||24||12||3||2||1||1||0|