Texas-Arlington vs. Utah State: Full Game Preview
|Texas-Arlington||K Butler 9.6||J Reves 8.8||S White-Miller 3.1|
|Utah State||P Medlin 16.3||J Shaw 8.4||P Medlin 3.2|
On Thursday, Utah State plays host to Texas-Arlington at Dee Glen Smith Spectrum. Tip-off is at 9:05 EST and you can catch it on KMYU. The Aggies last played the Mavericks on 12/20/2011 and won 73-69.
Texas-Arlington is in 5th place in the WAC and just behind 4th place Utah State with a chance to catch up.
The Aggies fell 68-57 to Denver on January 19th. Marvin Jean finished with 14 points in the loss. He contributes 2.2 rebounds per game in addition to his 4.1 points per game. The Mavericks were defeated by Idaho 77-64 on January 19th despite 8 points from Cameron Catlett. He contributes 2.9 rebounds per game in addition to his 6.0 points per game.
There are two key statistical areas where Utah State has an advantage. With the edge in field goal percentage (48% to 40%), the Aggies should find themselves in a good position on offense. In addition, Utah State has an advantage in scoring, 70 points per game to 60 points per game.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Utah State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (964 to 945) than Texas-Arlington, per the NCAA.
- How does our back look? Utah State is ranked higher than Texas-Arlington in the WAC (#1 vs #5).
- Preston Medlin is ranked 7th in the WAC in points, 7th in the WAC in three-pointers, and 6th in the WAC in assists.
- We just win. Utah State has more wins over the last 5 years than Texas-Arlington (143 vs 96).
- Utah State takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Texas-Arlington (6 vs 1).
- The Utah State steals leader (Kyisean Reed) has more steals than the Texas-Arlington steals leader (Kevin Butler).
- Jarred Shaw is ranked 2nd in the WAC in rebounds and 8th in the WAC in blocks.
- Utah State is a better three-point shooting team (39.5% vs 34.9%) than Texas-Arlington this season.
- The Utah State three-point leader (Preston Medlin) has more three-pointers than the Texas-Arlington three-point leader (Jamel Outler).
- It's only wins and losses, but Utah State has a better overall record than Texas-Arlington this season (11-1 vs 6-4).
- Utah State allows fewer rebounds (27.1 allowed per game vs 32.8 allowed per game) than Texas-Arlington this season.