|USC||E Wise 12.5||D Dedmon 7.3||J Fontan 4.9|
|Arizona State||J Carson 17.3||C Felix 7.9||J Carson 4.9|
On Thursday, USC heads to Wells Fargo Arena to take on Arizona State. It takes place at 10:30 EST and you can see it on Pac-12 Network. The Trojans are 5-4 against the Sun Devils over the last four years. They lost 56-52 the last time they played (2/25/2012).
USC is in 6th place in the conference and will be trying to close the gap with 5th place Arizona State.
In their last match-up, Byron Wesley finished with 19 points in the Trojans 69-68 victory over Oregon State on January 19th. In addition to his 9.8 points per game, he is also chipping in 4.2 rebounds per game. For the Sun Devils, Jahii Carson put up 22 points in the 71-54 loss to Arizona on January 19th. He leads the team in points with 17.3 per game and assists with 4.9 per game.
Arizona State has an edge in a single key statistical category, scoring, where the Sun Devils have the upper hand over the Trojans, 71 points per game to 64 points per game.
Arizona State StatSmack
- USC is better under pressure, and has defeated Arizona State in 8 out of the last 12 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- USC players are more experienced than Arizona State players (15,351 minutes played vs 10,192 minutes played).
- Jio Fontan is ranked 46th nationally in assists.
- Omar Oraby is ranked 6th in the Pac 12 in blocks.
- Dewayne Dedmon is ranked 4th in the Pac 12 in blocks.
- USC has a better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (0.518 to 0.505).
- USC takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Arizona State (4 vs 2).
- JT Terrell is ranked 7th in the Pac 12 in three-pointers.
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 USC has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Arizona State (9 vs 3).
- At least you keep showing up. USC has an average margin of victory of 10 over Arizona State in 39 wins since 1980.