St John's 72
(12-7, 4-3 away)
(12-6, 9-3 home)
Venue: Louis Brown Athletic Center
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, January 23, 2013
||D Harrison 19
||J Sampson 6
||P Greene IV 2
||E Carter 15
||D Miller 6
||D Miller 2
On Wednesday, January 23rd, Rutgers was beaten at home by St. John's 72-60 in conference play. The Scarlet Knights now have a record of 1-3 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Scarlet Knights were paced by Myles Mack, who put up a team-high 17 points and four rebounds. Jerome Seagears scored eight points and added three assists. For the Red Storm, Sir`Dominic Pointer got 13 points and nine rebounds (7 Ast 6 Stl). Rutgers (12-6, 3-4 Big East) gets Connecticut (12-5, 2-3 Big East) on the road on Sunday, January 27th.
Rutgers Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:52 left to go.
- Rutgers started 12-6 during the 2005, 2003, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- The Scarlet Knights have lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 36.5% or worse.
- Rutgers set a season low for blocks.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Rutgers has a 5.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Myles Mack recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 16.
- The top two scorers (Myles Mack and Mike Poole) accounted for 46.6% of the points.
- Myles Mack has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 18 games this season.
- Dane Miller has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 18 games this season.
- Myles Mack has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Jerome Seagears.
St. John's Game Notes
- Sir`Dominic Pointer recorded a team season high in steals with 6.
- The top two scorers (JaKarr Sampson and D`Angelo Harrison) accounted for 56.9% of the points.
- JaKarr Sampson has led the team in scoring 6 times in 19 games this season.
- Sir`Dominic Pointer has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 24th 20-point game of D`Angelo Harrison's career.
- Sir`Dominic Pointer set career highs with 7 assists and 6 steals.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of JaKarr Sampson's career.
- JaKarr Sampson has 6 straight double-digit point games.
|C||Phil Greene IV||20||4||2||1||0||0||0|