TCU was thumped by West Virginia 71-50 in conference play on Wednesday, January 23rd. The Horned Frogs got 11 points and seven rebounds from Connell Crossland. Kyan Anderson had a game-high 19 points. Dominique Rutledge finished with four points and eight rebounds for the Mountaineers. Next up for TCU (9-10, 0-6 Big 12) is Baylor (13-5, 4-1 Big 12) on Saturday, January 26th at home.
TCU Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:52 left to go.
- The Horned Frogs have lost 90% of the time this season (1-9) after having a field goal percentage of 38.6% or worse.
- TCU has lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after recording 17 or fewer field goals made.
- TCU has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after committing 17 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 38.5% or better this season, TCU has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 15 or more assists this season, TCU has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- TCU has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- Kyan Anderson accounted for 38.0% of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (16) than the starters (12).
- Kyan Anderson has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 19 games this season.
- Connell Crossland has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 19 games this season.
West Virginia Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Eron Harris and Deniz Kilicli) accounted for 42.2% of the points.
- Eron Harris has led the team in scoring 3 times in 18 games this season.
- Deniz Kilicli has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 18 games this season.
- Eron Harris has 3 straight double-digit point games.