On Wednesday, January 23rd, West Virginia easily got past TCU 71-50 in conference action. The Mountaineers got the win with four points and eight rebounds from Dominique Rutledge. Aaric Murray had eight points and added two rebounds. Connell Crossland got 11 points and seven rebounds for the Horned Frogs. Next up for West Virginia (9-9, 2-3 Big 12) is Oklahoma State (12-5, 2-3 Big 12) on Saturday, January 26th on the road.
West Virginia Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:52 left to go.
- WVU beat the spread by 8.0 points. That makes the 5th time this season the Mountaineers have beaten the spread.
- This was the 3rd blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, WVU has been on the winning end of 40 blowout games.
- The Mountaineers have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 71 or more total points.
- West Virginia has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when its field goal percentage has been 43.1% or better.
- WVU has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 38.6% field goal percentage.
- WVU has won 75% of the time this season (6-2) when opponents record 4 or fewer steals.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--WVU has a 7.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Eron Harris and Deniz Kilicli) accounted for 42.2% of the points.
- Eron Harris has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 18 games this season.
- Deniz Kilicli has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 18 games this season.
- Eron Harris has 3 straight double-digit point games.
TCU Game Notes
- TCU lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 2nd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, TCU has been on the losing end of 16 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Horned Frogs losing streak to 6 games.
- Kyan Anderson accounted for 38.0% of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (16) than the starters (12).
- Kyan Anderson has led the team in scoring 5 times in 19 games this season.
- Connell Crossland has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 19 games this season.