Entering the game as an 11-point favorite, Iowa State was edged by Texas Tech 56-51 in conference play. Will Clyburn earned a double-double for the Cyclones including a team-high 12 points and 10 rebounds. Korie Lucious got 11 points. For the Red Raiders, Josh Gray finished with a season-high 16 points and five rebounds. Iowa State (13-5, 3-2 Big 12) takes on 11th-ranked Kansas State (15-3, 4-1 Big 12) on Saturday, January 26th on their home court.
Iowa State Game Notes
- Iowa State started 13-5 during the 2011 and 2003 seasons (since 1996).
- The Cyclones have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Iowa State has lost 23 close games.
- ISU set season lows for assists, blocks, field goals made, rebounds, and total points.
- Will Clyburn recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 10.
- The top two scorers (Will Clyburn and Korie Lucious) accounted for 45.0% of the points.
- Will Clyburn accounted for 34.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Will Clyburn has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 3 times in 18 games this season.
- Will Clyburn recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Will Clyburn has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Will Clyburn recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 12th of his career.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Georges Niang.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Melvin Ejim.
Texas Tech Game Notes
- The Red Raiders won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Texas Tech has lost 26 close games.
- The top two scorers (Josh Gray and Jordan Tolbert) accounted for 51.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Dejan Kravic and Jordan Tolbert) accounted for 42.1% of the rebounds.
- Dejan Kravic has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 17 games this season.