Even though they entered the game as an 11-point underdog, Texas Tech came out on top against Iowa State 56-51 in conference action. The Red Raiders got the win with a season-high 16 points and five rebounds from Josh Gray. Jordan Tolbert had 13 points and added eight rebounds. Will Clyburn recorded a double-double for the Cyclones on a team-high 12 points and 10 rebounds. Texas Tech (9-8, 2-4 Big 12) takes on Texas (8-10, 0-5 Big 12) on Saturday, January 26th on the road.
Texas Tech Game Notes
- Texas Tech started 9-8 during the 1999 and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- TTU beat the spread by 16.0 points. That makes the 5th time this season the Red Raiders have beaten the spread.
- The Red Raiders have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 38 or more rebounds.
- TTU has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record 29 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Texas Tech has won 75% of the time (6-2) when Dejan Kravic has 4 field goals made or more, 100% of the time (6-0) when Jordan Tolbert has 8 rebounds or more, and 86% of the time (6-1) when Josh Gray has 4 assists or more.
- TTU set a season low for three-pointers.
- The Red Raiders have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 5 games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--TTU has a 1.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Josh Gray and Jordan Tolbert) accounted for 51.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Dejan Kravic and Jordan Tolbert) accounted for 42.1% of the rebounds.
- Dejan Kravic has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 17 games this season.
Iowa State Game Notes
- Iowa State lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Cyclones have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Iowa State has lost 23 close games.
- Will Clyburn recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 10.
- The top two scorers (Will Clyburn and Korie Lucious) accounted for 45.0% of the points.
- Will Clyburn accounted for 34.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Will Clyburn has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 3 times in 18 games this season.
- Will Clyburn recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Will Clyburn has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Will Clyburn recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 12th of his career.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Georges Niang.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Melvin Ejim.