Georgia Tech 63
(10-7, 0-5 away)
North Carolina 79
(13-5, 10-2 home)
Venue: Dean E. Smith Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 23, 2013
||M Georges-Hunt 10
||R Carter 7
||M Udofia 3
||J Michael McAdoo 14
||J Michael McAdoo 8
||M Paige 4
On Wednesday, January 23rd, Georgia Tech took on North Carolina and was trounced by the Tar Heels 79-63 in conference play. The Yellow Jackets got a good performance from Kammeon Holsey, who put up a game-high 18 points and nine rebounds. Robert Carter scored nine points and added 12 rebounds. Reggie Bullock got a team-high 17 points and six rebounds for the Tar Heels. Georgia Tech (10-7, 0-5 ACC) gets Wake Forest (10-8, 3-3 ACC) on their home court on Saturday, January 26th.
Georgia Tech Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:00 left to go.
- Georgia Tech started 10-7 during the 2002 and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- Georgia Tech has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after recording 8 or fewer assists.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 42.9% or better this season, Georgia Tech has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 35.3% or better this season, Georgia Tech has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- GT set a season low for free throws made.
- Georgia Tech has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Chris Bolden recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 14.
- The top two scorers (Kammeon Holsey and Chris Bolden) accounted for 44.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Robert Carter and Marcus Georges-Hunt) accounted for 44.0% of the rebounds.
- Kammeon Holsey has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 17 games this season.
- Robert Carter has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 17 games this season.
- Chris Bolden has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Marcus Georges-Hunt recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Robert Carter recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Kammeon Holsey.
- Kammeon Holsey had a career high with 6 offensive rebounds.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Solomon Poole.
North Carolina Game Notes
- Desmond Hubert recorded a team season high in blocks with 5.
- The top two scorers (Reggie Bullock and P.J. Hairston) accounted for 40.5% of the points.
- Reggie Bullock has led the team in scoring 4 times in 18 games this season.
- James Michael McAdoo has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 18 games this season.
- Reggie Bullock has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- James Michael McAdoo has 9 straight double-digit point games.
|-||S. Poole, Jr.||5||0||1||0||0||0||1|