(25) Duke 63
(16-2, 2-2 away)
(25) Miami 90
(14-3, 8-2 home)
Venue: BankUnited Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 23, 2013
||M Plumlee 17
||M Plumlee 11
||Q Cook 6
||D Scott 14
||R Johnson 9
||S Larkin 3
On Wednesday, January 23rd, No. 1 Duke shot just 30% from the field and was stunned by No. 25 Miami (FL) 90-63 in conference play. It was over at the half, as Miami (FL) jumped out to a 42-19 lead and never looked back. The Blue Devils drop to 3-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the loss. Mason Plumlee got 15 points and 11 rebounds for the Blue Devils, earning a double-double. Rasheed Sulaimon had a team-high 16 points and added three assists. For the Hurricanes, Durand Scott finished with a season-high 25 points and six rebounds. Next up for Duke (16-2, 3-2 ACC) is Maryland (15-4, 3-3 ACC) on Saturday, January 26th at home.
Duke Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 9:00 left to go.
- Duke started 16-2 during the 2011, 2004, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- Prior to this game, Duke played 48 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 32-16.
- Duke set season lows for field goal percentage, three-point percentage, and total points.
- The top two scorers (Rasheed Sulaimon and Mason Plumlee) accounted for 49.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Mason Plumlee and Quinn Cook) accounted for 43.9% of the rebounds.
- Mason Plumlee has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 18 games this season.
- Mason Plumlee recorded the 43rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Mason Plumlee has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Mason Plumlee has grabbed double-digit rebounds in 4 straight games.
- Mason Plumlee recorded a double-double. It was his 12th this season and 30th of his career.
Miami (FL) Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Durand Scott and Kenny Kadji) accounted for 52.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Shane Larkin and Julian Gamble) accounted for 40.8% of the rebounds.
- Durand Scott has led the team in scoring 6 times in 17 games this season.
- Shane Larkin recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Shane Larkin recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Shane Larkin set career highs with 10 rebounds and 9 defensive rebounds.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Durand Scott's career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Durand Scott.
- Trey McKinney-Jones has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Kenny Kadji's career.
- Kenny Kadji has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Julian Gamble recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Julian Gamble set a career high with 4 blocks.