(11-7, 4-4 away)
(16-3, 13-1 home)
Venue: Halton Arena
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, January 23, 2013
||S Christon 14
||T Taylor 8
||S Christon 4
||C Braswell 11
||W Clayton 7
||P Henry 3
On Wednesday, January 23rd, Xavier took on Charlotte and fell to the 49ers 63-57 in conference play. Travis Taylor got a game-high 18 points and 11 rebounds for the Musketeers, earning a double-double. Semaj Christon had 18 points and added five rebounds. For the 49ers, Willie Clayton got a team-high 14 points and eight rebounds. Xavier (11-7, 4-1 A-10) goes to St. Joseph's (PA) (10-7, 1-3 A-10) on Saturday, January 26th.
Xavier Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:30 left to go.
- The last time XU started the season 11-7 was 1999.
- The Musketeers have lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after having a three-point percentage of 25.0% or worse.
- Xavier has lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after recording 3 or fewer three-pointers.
- Xavier has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after committing 17 or more turnovers.
- The Musketeers set season highs for rebounds and steals.
- XU set a season low for assists.
- The Musketeers have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- Xavier has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 5 games.
- Semaj Christon accounted for 31.5% of the team's points.
- Semaj Christon has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 18 games this season.
- Travis Taylor has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 18 games this season.
- Semaj Christon has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Semaj Christon.
- Travis Taylor recorded the 17th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Travis Taylor.
- Travis Taylor recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 14th of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Jeff Robinson.
Charlotte Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Willie Clayton and DeMario Mayfield) accounted for 42.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Willie Clayton and Darion Clark) accounted for 42.4% of the rebounds.
- Willie Clayton has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 19 games this season.
- DeMario Mayfield has 7 straight double-digit point games.