American University 72
(7-12, 4-4 home)
Venue: Bender Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 23, 2013
||T Dunbar 10
||W Smith 5
||T Dunbar 5
||S Lumpkins 14
||S Lumpkins 9
||D Munoz 3
On Wednesday, January 23rd, Navy allowed 30 points from three-point territory to American University and was thumped by the Eagles 72-49 in conference play. The Midshipmen were led by Tilman Dunbar, who put up seven points and eight assists. Kendall Knorr had a team-high 11 points. For the Eagles, John Schoof finished with a career-high 27 points (4 Reb 4 Ast), including 8-of-10 shooting from three-point range. Navy (7-12, 1-3 Patriot) gets Colgate (7-13, 1-3 Patriot) on their home court on Saturday, January 26th.
Navy Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:56 left to go.
- Navy has lost 100% of the time this season (0-8) after recording 49 or fewer total points.
- The Midshipmen have lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after having a field goal percentage of 36.4% or worse.
- When the opposition records 72 or more total points this season, Navy has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.1% or better this season, Navy has lost 100% of the time (0-9).
- When the opposition records 10 or more three-pointers this season, Navy has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- Navy has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- Kendall Knorr has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 20 games this season.
American University Game Notes
- John Schoof recorded a team season high in points with 27, field goals made with 9, three-pointers with 8, and three pointers attempted with 10.
- John Schoof accounted for 37.5% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Tony Wroblicky and Stephen Lumpkins) accounted for 45.4% of the rebounds.
- Tony Wroblicky has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of John Schoof's career.
- John Schoof set career highs with 27 points, 9 field goals made, and 8 three-pointers.
- Stephen Lumpkins has 18 straight double-digit point games.
- Tony Wroblicky recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Blake Jolivette set a career high with 6 assists.