Texas A&M faced off with LSU on Wednesday, January 23rd and was taken down by the Tigers 58-54 in conference play. The Aggies were led by Fabyon Harris, who put up a season-high 19 points and four rebounds. Andrew Young had two points and added seven rebounds. For the Tigers, Anthony Hickey got 10 points and three rebounds. Texas A&M (12-6, 2-3 SEC) gets Georgia (7-11, 1-4 SEC) at home on Saturday, January 26th.
Texas A&M Game Notes
- The Aggies have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Texas A&M has lost 18 close games.
- Texas A&M has lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after recording 54 or fewer total points.
- The Aggies set a season high for turnovers.
- The last time TAMU recorded at least 24 turnovers was Jan 03, 2004 against Louisiana-Monroe.
- The Aggies have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 2nd loss of the season where the Aggies opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Fabyon Harris accounted for 35.1% of the team's points.
- Fabyon Harris has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 18 games this season.
LSU Game Notes
- The Tigers won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, LSU has lost 22 close games.
- Anthony Hickey recorded a team season high in steals with 8.
- The top two scorers (Shavon Coleman and Johnny O`Bryant III) accounted for 53.4% of the points.
- Johnny O`Bryant III accounted for 31.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Shavon Coleman has led the team in scoring 6 times in 16 games this season.
- Johnny O`Bryant III has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 16 games this season.
- Anthony Hickey has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Hickey set a career high with 8 steals.
- Johnny O`Bryant III recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Johnny O`Bryant III recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 7th of his career.