Texas A&M 54
(12-6, 2-4 away)
Venue: Pete Maravich Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 23, 2013
||E Turner 15
||K Roberson 6
||A Caruso 3
||S Coleman 12
||J O`Bryant III 7
||C Carmouche 3
LSU squared off with Texas A&M on Wednesday, January 23rd and topped the Aggies 58-54 in SEC action. The Tigers got the win with 10 points and three rebounds from Anthony Hickey. Johnny O`Bryant III played his way to a double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds. For the Aggies, Fabyon Harris finished with a season-high 19 points and four rebounds. LSU (10-6, 1-4 SEC) takes on Kentucky (12-6, 3-2 SEC) on Saturday, January 26th on the road.
LSU Game Notes
- LSU started 10-6 during the 2004 and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- LSU beat the spread by 3.0 points. That makes the 5th time this season the Tigers have beaten the spread.
- The Tigers have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, LSU has won 22 close games.
- LSU has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 20 or fewer field goals made.
- This season LSU has won 100% of the time (4-0) when Shavon Coleman has 17 points or more and 83% of the time (5-1) when Johnny O`Bryant III has 10 rebounds or more.
- The Tigers set a season high for steals.
- Our 19 steals is the 11th best among all NCAA games this season.
- LSU set a season low for blocks.
- LSU has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 2nd win of the season where the Tigers came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--LSU has a 8.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Anthony Hickey recorded a team season high in steals with 8.
- The top two scorers (Shavon Coleman and Johnny O`Bryant III) accounted for 53.4% of the points.
- Johnny O`Bryant III accounted for 31.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Shavon Coleman has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 16 games this season.
- Johnny O`Bryant III has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 16 games this season.
- Anthony Hickey has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Hickey had a career high with 8 steals.
- Johnny O`Bryant III recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Johnny O`Bryant III recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 7th of his career.
Texas A&M Game Notes
- Texas A&M lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Aggies have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Texas A&M has lost 18 close games.
- This loss extended the Aggies losing streak to 3 games.
- Fabyon Harris accounted for 35.1% of the team's points.
- Fabyon Harris has led the team in scoring 5 times in 18 games this season.
|A||J. O`Bryant III||35||14||10||2||2||0||5|
|-||A. Del Piero||5||0||1||0||0||0||0|