On Wednesday, January 23rd, Vanderbilt took on Auburn and defeated the Tigers 73-61 in conference action. The Commodores got the win with a game-high 15 points and seven rebounds from Kedren Johnson. Kyle Fuller also had a strong game, scoring 14 points and adding five rebounds. For the Tigers, Brian Greene Jr got 11 points on 67% shooting. Vanderbilt (8-9, 2-3 SEC) gets 22nd-ranked Missouri (13-4, 3-2 SEC) on the road on Saturday, January 26th.
Vanderbilt Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:50 left to go.
- Vandy beat the spread by 8.0 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Commodores have beaten the spread.
- The Commodores have won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after recording 14 or more assists.
- Vanderbilt has won 75% of the time this season (6-2) when its three-point percentage has been 37.5% or better.
- This season Vanderbilt has won 71% of the time (5-2) when Kyle Fuller has 14 points or more and 100% of the time (4-0) when Rod Odom has 6 rebounds or more.
- The Commodores set a season high for free throws made.
- The last time Vandy recorded at least 24 free throws made was Feb 22, 2012 against South Carolina.
- Vanderbilt has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 12 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--Vandy has a 4.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Kedren Johnson recorded a team season high in free throws made with 8.
- Kedren Johnson has led the team in scoring 8 times and in rebounding 3 times in 17 games this season.
- Kedren Johnson had a career high with 7 defensive rebounds.
- Rod Odom had a career high with 5 offensive rebounds.
Auburn Game Notes
- Auburn lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Tigers losing streak to 3 games.
- The top two scorers (Frankie Sullivan and Rob Chubb) accounted for 45.9% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Rob Chubb and Allen Payne) accounted for 44.8% of the rebounds.
- Frankie Sullivan has led the team in scoring 11 times in 18 games this season.
- Rob Chubb has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 18 games this season.
- Rob Chubb has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Frankie Sullivan has 8 straight double-digit point games.