Colorado State 61
(15-4, 3-4 away)
(15) New Mexico 66
(17-2, 12-1 home)
Venue: The Pit
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 23, 2013
||C Iverson 14
||P Hornung 9
||D Green 3
||K Williams 14
||A Kirk 7
||K Williams 4
Colorado State fell to No. 15 New Mexico 66-61 in conference play on Wednesday, January 23rd. The Rams stay winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-2 for the season. Colton Iverson got 15 points and 14 rebounds for the Rams, earning a double-double. Wes Eikmeier had a team-high 20 points. For the Lobos, Chad Adams finished with 13 points and six rebounds. Next up for Colorado State (15-4, 2-2 MWC) is Fresno State (7-11, 1-4 MWC) on Saturday, January 26th on the road.
Colorado State Game Notes
- The last time CSU started the season 15-4 was 1996.
- The Rams have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Colorado State has lost 21 close games.
- Prior to this game, CSU played 18 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 3-15.
- The Rams have lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after having a field goal percentage of 36.8% or worse.
- Colorado State has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after recording 61 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 43.8% or better this season, Colorado State has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- The Rams set a season high for turnovers.
- The last time CSU recorded at least 16 turnovers was Mar 15, 2012 against Murray State.
- CSU set a season low for steals.
- The Rams have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 19 games.
- Wes Eikmeier accounted for 32.7% of the team's points.
- Colton Iverson accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Wes Eikmeier has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 19 games this season.
- Colton Iverson has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 19 games this season.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Wes Eikmeier's career.
- Colton Iverson recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Colton Iverson recorded a double-double. It was his 8th this season and 10th of his career.
- Colton Iverson had career highs with 14 rebounds and 6 offensive rebounds.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Greg Smith.
New Mexico Game Notes
- Tony Snell accounted for 34.8% of the team's points.
- Tony Snell has led the team in scoring 4 times in 19 games this season.
- Chad Adams has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Tony Snell's career.
- Tony Snell has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Tony Snell set a career high with 8 field goals made.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Hugh Greenwood.
- Cameron Bairstow set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
|-||Joe De Ciman||7||0||0||0||0||0||2|