Colorado State 61
(15-4, 3-4 away)
(15) New Mexico 66
(17-2, 12-1 home)
Venue: The Pit
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 23, 2013
||C Iverson 14
||P Hornung 9
||D Green 3
||K Williams 14
||A Kirk 7
||K Williams 4
No. 15 New Mexico came out on top against Colorado State 66-61 in MWC play on Wednesday, January 23rd. The Lobos were led by Chad Adams, who put up 13 points plus six rebounds. Tony Snell had a game-high 23 points and added three rebounds. Colton Iverson registered a double-double for the Rams on 15 points and 14 rebounds. New Mexico (17-2, 4-0 MWC) gets San Diego State (14-4, 2-2 MWC) on the road on Saturday, January 26th.
New Mexico Game Notes
- The win over Colorado State extended the New Mexico winning streak to 4 games.
- The Lobos have won 8 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, New Mexico has won 35 close games.
- The Lobos have won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after recording 21 or more free throws made.
- New Mexico has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when its three-point percentage has been 43.8% or better.
- New Mexico has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- Lobos has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 36.8% field goal percentage.
- Lobos has won 90% of the time this season (9-1) when opponents record 3 or fewer blocks.
- This season New Mexico has won 100% of the time (9-0) when Tony Snell plays 31 minutes or more, 82% of the time (9-2) when Kendall Williams has 4 free throws made or more, and 100% of the time (4-0) when Chad Adams has 6 rebounds or more.
- The Lobos have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- New Mexico has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Lobos has a 11.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Tony Snell accounted for 34.8% of the team's points.
- Tony Snell has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 19 games this season.
- Chad Adams has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 19 games this season.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Tony Snell's career.
- Tony Snell has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Tony Snell had a career high with 8 field goals made.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Hugh Greenwood.
- Cameron Bairstow had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
Colorado State Game Notes
- The Rams have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Colorado State has lost 21 close games.
- Wes Eikmeier accounted for 32.7% of the team's points.
- Colton Iverson accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Wes Eikmeier has led the team in scoring 5 times in 19 games this season.
- Colton Iverson has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Wes Eikmeier's career.
- Colton Iverson recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Colton Iverson recorded a double-double. It was his 8th this season and 10th of his career.
- Colton Iverson set career highs with 14 rebounds and 6 offensive rebounds.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Greg Smith.
|-||Joe De Ciman||7||0||0||0||0||0||2|