Southern Illinois 45
(8-11, 4-8 away)
Northern Iowa 58
(11-9, 9-3 home)
Venue: McLeod Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 23, 2013
||D Jackson 16
||J Early 7
||K Brown-Surles 2
||A James 12
||J Koch 6
||D Mitchell 3
Southern Illinois faced off with Northern Iowa on Wednesday, January 23rd and dropped one to the Panthers 58-45 in conference play. The Salukis were led by Desmar Jackson, who got nine points and five rebounds. Dantiel Daniels had a team-high 11 points. For the Panthers, Anthony James finished with 14 points and five rebounds. The Salukis are on a five-game losing streak. Southern Illinois (8-11, 1-7 The Valley) takes on 17th-ranked Creighton (17-2, 6-1 The Valley) on Sunday, January 27th on their home court.
Southern Illinois Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:55 left to go.
- Southern Illinois has lost 86% of the time this season (1-6) after committing 10 or more turnovers.
- The Salukis have lost 78% of the time this season (2-7) after having a field goal percentage of 43.5% or worse.
- Southern Illinois has lost 77% of the time this season (3-10) after recording 8 or fewer steals.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 53.3% or better this season, Southern Illinois has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.8% or better this season, Southern Illinois has lost 89% of the time (1-8).
- When the opposition records 8 or more three-pointers this season, Southern Illinois has lost 88% of the time (1-7).
- SIU set season lows for assists, blocks, field goals made, free throws made, and total points.
- Southern Illinois has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 11 games.
- The top two scorers (Dantiel Daniels and Desmar Jackson) accounted for 44.4% of the points.
- Dantiel Daniels has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 19 games this season.
- Desmar Jackson has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 19 games this season.
Northern Iowa Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Marc Sonnen and Anthony James) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- Seth Tuttle accounted for 34.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Marc Sonnen has led the team in scoring 5 times in 20 games this season.
- Seth Tuttle has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 20 games this season.
- Anthony James has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Seth Tuttle recorded the 9th double-digit rebound game of his career.
|C-||A. Beane Jr.||27||6||2||0||2||0||2|