Wichita State 62
(18-2, 6-2 away)
Missouri State 52
(5-15, 4-6 home)
Venue: JQH Arena
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, January 23, 2013
||C Early 15
||C Hall 8
||M Armstead 3
||A Downing 14
||K Pickens 4
||A Downing 2
No. 20 Wichita State got a victory on the road against Missouri State 62-52 in The Valley action on Wednesday, January 23rd. Cleanthony Early got a team-high 17 points and 11 rebounds for the Shockers, earning a double-double. Carl Hall had 15 points and added six rebounds. For the Bears, Gavin Thurman got a season-high 21 points and three rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, January 26th when Wichita State (18-2, 7-1 The Valley) welcomes Bradley (12-8, 4-4 The Valley).
Wichita State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:50 left to go.
- The win over Missouri State extended the Wichita State winning streak to 3 games.
- The Shockers have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 17 or more free throws made.
- WSU has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 52 or fewer total points.
- WSU has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 32.8% field goal percentage.
- This season Wichita State has won 100% of the time (6-0) when Cleanthony Early has 17 points or more, 78% of the time (7-2) when Demetric Williams plays 31 minutes or more, and 89% of the time (8-1) when Carl Hall has 4 field goals made or more.
- WSU set a season low for assists.
- The Shockers have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- The top two scorers (Cleanthony Early and Carl Hall) accounted for 51.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Cleanthony Early and Carl Hall) accounted for 43.5% of the rebounds.
- Cleanthony Early has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 4 times in 20 games this season.
- Cleanthony Early recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Cleanthony Early has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Cleanthony Early recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
Missouri State Game Notes
- This loss extended the Bears losing streak to 4 games.
- Gavin Thurman accounted for 40.3% of the team's points.
- Gavin Thurman has led the team in scoring 4 times in 20 games this season.
- Drew Wilson has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 20 games this season.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Gavin Thurman's career.
- Gavin Thurman has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Downing has 9 straight double-digit point games.
|C-||Fred Van Vleet||22||3||0||1||1||0||0|