On Wednesday, January 23rd, Western Michigan defeated Eastern Michigan 63-59 in MAC play. Darius Paul played well for the Broncos and put up 11 points plus nine rebounds. Shayne Whittington scored a team-high 14 points. For the Eagles, Glenn Bryant got 12 points and six rebounds. Western Michigan (11-7, 3-2 MAC) gets Central Michigan (9-9, 2-3 MAC) on the road on Saturday, January 26th.
Western Michigan Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:03 left to go.
- The last time WMU started the season 11-7 was 2009.
- The win over Eastern Michigan extended the Western Michigan winning streak to 3 games.
- The Broncos have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Western Michigan has won 26 close games.
- Western Michigan has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) when its field goal percentage has been 46.7% or better.
- The Broncos have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 13 or more assists.
- WMU has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when opponents record 59 or fewer total points.
- WMU has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) after holding an opponent to under 39.7% field goal percentage.
- This season Western Michigan has won 80% of the time (8-2) when Darius Paul has 11 points or more, 100% of the time (4-0) when Austin Richie plays 31 minutes or more, and 83% of the time (5-1) when Brandon Pokley has 4 free throws made or more.
- WMU set a season low for rebounds.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--WMU has a 13.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Shayne Whittington and Nate Hutcheson) accounted for 41.2% of the points.
- Darius Paul accounted for 32.1% of the team's rebounds.
- Shayne Whittington has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 18 games this season.
- Darius Paul has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 18 games this season.
Eastern Michigan Game Notes
- The Eagles have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Eastern Michigan has lost 36 close games.
- The top two scorers (Daylen Harrison and Glenn Bryant) accounted for 45.7% of the points.
- Daylen Harrison has led the team in scoring 5 times in 19 games this season.
- Glenn Bryant has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 19 games this season.
- Glenn Bryant has 3 straight double-digit point games.