Bowling Green squared off with Kent State on Wednesday, Jan. 23 and blew out the Golden Flashes 70-55 in MAC play. The Falcons got the win with a career-high 18 points and four rebounds from Chauncey Orr. A`uston Calhoun played his way to a double-double with 12 points and 13 rebounds. For the Golden Flashes, Randal Holt got a team-high 17 points and four rebounds (5 Stl 3 Ast). Bowling Green (7-11, 2-3 MAC) takes on Toledo (6-10, 2-3 MAC) on Saturday, Jan. 26 on the road.
Bowling Green Game Notes
- BGSU beat the spread by 16.5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Falcons have beaten the spread.
- The Falcons have won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) after recording 12 or more free throws made.
- BGSU has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 55 or fewer total points.
- The Falcons have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the eighth game at home this season--BGSU has a 5.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Chauncey Orr and A`uston Calhoun) accounted for 42.8 percent of the points.
- A`uston Calhoun accounted for 37.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- A`uston Calhoun has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 18 games this season.
- A`uston Calhoun recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- A`uston Calhoun has four straight double-digit point games.
- A`uston Calhoun recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and seventh of his career.
- Jordon Crawford has five straight double-digit point games.
Kent State Game Notes
- Randal Holt accounted for 30.9 percent of the team's points.
- Randal Holt has led the team in scoring six times in 19 games this season.
- Chris Evans has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 19 games this season.
- Chris Evans has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Randal Holt set a career high with five steals.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Darren Goodson.