(7-12, 3-7 away)
Ball State 63
(7-10, 5-5 home)
Venue: Worthen Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 23, 2013
||J McCrea 17
||J McCrea 7
||J Oldham 4
||J Berry 12
||M Majok 10
||M Posley 2
On Wednesday, January 23rd, Buffalo got by Ball State 66-63 in MAC action. Javon McCrea recorded his third straight game with 21 points or more for the Bulls, scoring a game-high 24 points on 83% shooting in 29 minutes. The Bulls were led by Javon McCrea, who put up a game-high 24 points plus seven rebounds. Tony Watson II had nine points. Majok Majok finished with 13 points and six rebounds for the Cardinals. Buffalo (8-12, 2-3 MAC) gets Akron (14-4, 5-0 MAC) on the road on Saturday, January 26th.
Buffalo Game Notes
- UB beat the spread by 2.0 points. That makes the 5th time this season the Bulls have beaten the spread.
- The Bulls have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Buffalo has won 27 close games.
- This season Buffalo has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Will Regan has 5 field goals made or more.
- This is the 3rd win of the season where the Bulls came back after being down at halftime.
- Javon McCrea accounted for 36.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Javon McCrea and Jarryn Skeete) accounted for 43.3% of the rebounds.
- Javon McCrea has led the team in scoring 15 times and in rebounding 10 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Javon McCrea's career.
- Javon McCrea has 3 straight 20+ point games.
Ball State Game Notes
- Ball State lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Cardinals losing streak to 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Jauwan Scaife and Majok Majok) accounted for 49.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Matt Kamieniecki and Majok Majok) accounted for 42.4% of the rebounds.
- Jauwan Scaife has led the team in scoring 5 times in 17 games this season.
- Matt Kamieniecki has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 17 games this season.
- Jauwan Scaife has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Majok Majok has 4 straight double-digit point games.
|B+||Tony Watson II||39||9||1||7||1||0||2|