(7-12, 3-7 away)
Ball State 63
(7-10, 5-5 home)
Venue: Worthen Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 23, 2013
||J McCrea 17
||J McCrea 7
||J Oldham 4
||J Berry 12
||M Majok 10
||M Posley 2
On Wednesday, January 23rd, Ball State took on Buffalo and suffered a heartbreaking loss against the Bulls 66-63 in conference play. Majok Majok put up 13 points and six rebounds in the loss. Jauwan Scaife had a team-high 18 points and added four rebounds. Javon McCrea picked up his third straight game with 21 points or more for the Bulls, scoring a game-high 24 points on 83% shooting in 29 minutes. Javon McCrea finished with a game-high 24 points and seven rebounds for the Bulls. Ball State (7-10, 1-4 MAC) gets Miami (OH) (7-10, 2-3 MAC) on the road on Saturday, January 26th.
Ball State Game Notes
- Ball State started 7-10 during the 2005 and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- Ball State has lost 88% of the time this season (1-7) after recording 11 or fewer assists.
- Ball State has lost 82% of the time this season (2-9) after committing 15 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 15 or more free throws made this season, Ball State has lost 78% of the time (2-7).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.8% or better this season, Ball State has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- When the opposition records 15 or more assists this season, Ball State has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- BallSt set a season low for blocks.
- The Cardinals have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 3rd loss of the season where the Cardinals opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--BallSt has a 1.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Jauwan Scaife and Majok Majok) accounted for 49.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Matt Kamieniecki and Majok Majok) accounted for 42.4% of the rebounds.
- Jauwan Scaife has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 17 games this season.
- Matt Kamieniecki has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 17 games this season.
- Jauwan Scaife has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Majok Majok has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Buffalo Game Notes
- The Bulls won this one, but have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Buffalo has lost 25 close games.
- Javon McCrea accounted for 36.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Javon McCrea and Jarryn Skeete) accounted for 43.3% of the rebounds.
- Javon McCrea has led the team in scoring 15 times and in rebounding 10 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Javon McCrea's career.
- Javon McCrea has 3 straight 20+ point games.
|B+||Tony Watson II||39||9||1||7||1||0||2|