(14-4, 5-4 away)
(6-10, 4-2 home)
Venue: Savage Hall
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 23, 2013
||Z Marshall 12
||D Treadwell 7
||A Abreu 5
||R Pearson 18
||R Pearson 6
||J Brown 5
On Wednesday, January 23rd, Akron scored 30 points from three-point territory and pounded Toledo 71-56 in MAC play. It was all Akron from the beginning and they led 36-21 at the half. The Zips were led by Zeke Marshall, who put up a game-high 18 points plus eight rebounds. Alex Abreu also had an excellent outing, scoring 11 points and adding nine assists. For the Rockets, Rian Pearson finished with a team-high 16 points and eight rebounds. Akron (14-4, 5-0 MAC) takes on Buffalo (8-12, 2-3 MAC) on Saturday, January 26th on their home court.
Akron Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:45 left to go.
- Akron started 14-4 during the 2007, 2006, 2005, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Toledo extended the Akron winning streak to 10 games.
- Akron beat the spread by 8.0 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Zips have beaten the spread.
- Akron has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its three-point percentage has been 43.5% or better.
- The Zips have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 9 or more blocks.
- Akron has won 82% of the time this season (9-2) after committing 13 or fewer turnovers.
- Akron has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 56 or fewer total points.
- Akron has won 90% of the time this season (9-1) after holding an opponent to under 37.7% field goal percentage.
- This season Akron has won 89% of the time (8-1) when Demetrius Treadwell has 10 points or more, 86% of the time (6-1) when Brian Walsh has 4 field goals made or more, and 100% of the time (4-0) when Alex Abreu has 3 three-pointers or more.
- Akron set a season low for free throws made.
- The Zips have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Zeke Marshall recorded a team season high in blocks with 9.
- The top two scorers (Zeke Marshall and Chauncey Gilliam) accounted for 42.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Demetrius Treadwell and Zeke Marshall) accounted for 44.1% of the rebounds.
- Zeke Marshall has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 18 games this season.
- Demetrius Treadwell has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 18 games this season.
- Zeke Marshall has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Zeke Marshall had career highs with 8 field goals made and 9 blocks.
- Demetrius Treadwell recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Demetrius Treadwell recorded a double-double. It was the 3rd of his career.
Toledo Game Notes
- Toledo lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Rockets losing streak to 3 games.
- The top two scorers (Rian Pearson and Julius Brown) accounted for 48.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Rian Pearson and Reese Holliday) accounted for 44.1% of the rebounds.
- Rian Pearson has led the team in scoring 8 times and in rebounding 8 times in 16 games this season.
- Dominique Buckley set a career high with 5 steals.