(14-4, 5-4 away)
(6-10, 4-2 home)
Venue: Savage Hall
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 23, 2013
||Z Marshall 12
||D Treadwell 7
||A Abreu 5
||R Pearson 18
||R Pearson 6
||J Brown 5
Toledo allowed 30 points from three-point territory to Akron and was crushed by the Zips 71-56 in conference play on Wednesday, January 23rd. Toledo was never really in this one, as they trailed 36-21 at halftime and couldn't get back into it. The Rockets got a team-high 16 points and eight rebounds from Rian Pearson. Julius Brown had 11 points and added five assists. For the Zips, Zeke Marshall got a game-high 18 points and eight rebounds. Next up for Toledo (6-10, 2-3 MAC) is Bowling Green (7-11, 2-3 MAC) on Saturday, January 26th on their home court.
Toledo Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:45 left to go.
- Toledo has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after recording 56 or fewer total points.
- The Rockets have lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after having a field goal percentage of 37.7% or worse.
- When the opposition records 28 or more field goals made this season, Toledo has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 43 or more rebounds this season, Toledo has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 71 or more total points this season, Toledo has lost 89% of the time (1-8).
- The Rockets set a season high for steals.
- The last time Toledo recorded at least 11 steals was Jan 28, 2012 against Kent State.
- Toledo set a season low for three-pointers.
- Toledo has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Rian Pearson and Julius Brown) accounted for 48.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Rian Pearson and Reese Holliday) accounted for 44.1% of the rebounds.
- Rian Pearson has led the team in scoring 8 times and in rebounding 8 times in 16 games this season.
- Dominique Buckley had a career high with 5 steals.
Akron Game Notes
- Zeke Marshall recorded a team season high in blocks with 9.
- The top two scorers (Zeke Marshall and Chauncey Gilliam) accounted for 42.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Demetrius Treadwell and Zeke Marshall) accounted for 44.1% of the rebounds.
- Zeke Marshall has led the team in scoring 6 times in 18 games this season.
- Demetrius Treadwell has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 18 games this season.
- Zeke Marshall has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Zeke Marshall set career highs with 8 field goals made and 9 blocks.
- Demetrius Treadwell recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Demetrius Treadwell recorded a double-double. It was the 3rd of his career.