New Orleans 48
(5-13, 0-9 away)
Air Force 90
(11-6, 9-1 home)
Venue: Clune Arena
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 23, 2013
||L Cook 15
||C Dixon 4
||R Nelson 6
||M Lyons 18
||M Lyons 4
||T Fletcher 3
On an evening when they shot 64% from the floor, Air Force easily took down New Orleans 90-48. The Falcons were led by Tre` Coggins, who put up nine points plus eight assists. Todd Fletcher also had a great game, scoring 14 points and adding three assists. Cory Dixon got five points and four rebounds for the Privateers. Air Force (10-6, 2-2 MWC) takes on Wyoming (15-2, 2-2 MWC) on Saturday, January 26th on the road.
Air Force Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 9:11 left to go.
- Air Force started 11-6 during the 2011 and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- This was the 4th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, AF has been on the winning end of 19 blowout games.
- The Falcons have won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after recording 10 or more three-pointers.
- AF has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 36.2% field goal percentage.
- AF has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 9 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Air Force has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Todd Fletcher has 14 points or more and 71% of the time (5-2) when Mike Fitzgerald has 4 field goals made or more.
- The Falcons set season highs for assists, field goals made, and field goal percentage.
- The last time AF recorded at least 27 assists was Nov 22, 1997 against Doane.
- The Falcons have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 6 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--AF has a 21.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Mike Fitzgerald has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 17 games this season.
New Orleans Game Notes
- This was the 4th blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, UNO has been on the losing end of 17 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Rarlensee Nelson and Lovell Cook) accounted for 47.9% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kevin Hill and Tradarrius McPhearson) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Kevin Hill has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 18 games this season.
- Rarlensee Nelson has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Lovell Cook has 6 straight double-digit point games.