Marshall allowed Southern Miss to shoot 63% from the field and was destroyed by the Golden Eagles 102-46 in conference play on Wednesday, January 23rd. The game was never competitive, as Southern Miss went up 53-17 at the half and never looked back. Jamir Hanner put up eight points and three rebounds in the loss. Elijah Pittman had a team-high 16 points. For the Golden Eagles, Dwayne Davis finished with 19 points and five rebounds (5 Ast 4 Stl). Marshall (9-10, 2-2 C-USA) heads to Memphis (15-3, 4-0 C-USA) on Saturday, January 26th.
Marshall Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 17:46 left to go.
- Marshall started 9-10 during the 2008, 2005, and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- Marshall has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 23 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 11 or more three-pointers this season, Marshall has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 19 or more free throws made this season, Marshall has lost 88% of the time (1-7).
- The Thundering Herd set a season high for turnovers.
- Marshall set season lows for field goals made, rebounds, and total points.
- Marshall has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 7 games.
- Elijah Pittman accounted for 34.7% of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (9) than the starters (7).
- Elijah Pittman has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 19 games this season.
- DeAndre Kane has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- DeAndre Kane had a career high with 4 three-pointers.
- Elijah Pittman has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Dennis Tinnon.
- Dennis Tinnon had a career high with 4 steals.
Southern Miss Game Notes
- Jerrold Brooks has led the team in scoring 7 times in 20 games this season.
- Neil Watson set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Jerrold Brooks's career.
- Dwayne Davis has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Jonathan Mills.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Michael Craig.