UAB faced off with East Carolina on Wednesday, January 23rd and got beat at home by the Pirates 91-85 in conference play. The Blazers got a double-double out of Rod Rucker with a game-high 20 points and 12 rebounds. Jordan Swing had 16 points and added eight rebounds. Miguel Paul registered a double-double for the Pirates with 12 points and 14 assists (4 Stl 3 Reb). Next up for UAB (8-11, 0-4 C-USA) is Houston (11-6, 1-4 C-USA) on Saturday, January 26th on the road.
UAB Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:12 left to go.
- The last time UAB started the season 8-11 was 2001.
- UAB has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after recording 4 or fewer steals.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 55.2% or better this season, UAB has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 7 or more blocks this season, UAB has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 38 or more rebounds this season, UAB has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- UAB set a season low for free throws made.
- UAB has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 6 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--UAB has a 10.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Rod Rucker recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with 8.
- The top two scorers (Rod Rucker and Jordan Swing) accounted for 42.3% of the points.
- Rod Rucker accounted for 32.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Rod Rucker has led the team in scoring 8 times and in rebounding 13 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Rod Rucker's career.
- Rod Rucker recorded a double-double. It was the 8th of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Fahro Alihodzic.
- Quincy Taylor had a career high with 4 three-pointers.
East Carolina Game Notes
- Miguel Paul recorded a team season high in assists with 14.
- The top two rebounders (Ty Armstrong and Maurice Kemp) accounted for 44.7% of the rebounds.
- This game was the 5th double-digit assist game of Miguel Paul's career.
- Miguel Paul has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Miguel Paul recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 5th of his career.
- Miguel Paul set a career high with 14 assists.
- Ty Armstrong recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ty Armstrong recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Maurice Kemp has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Akeem Richmond has 3 straight double-digit point games.