UNC Wilmington 63
(7-11, 0-10 away)
Georgia State 81
(10-11, 7-5 home)
Venue: GSU Sports Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 23, 2013
||K Rendleman 15
||K Rendleman 10
||C Dixon 2
||R Hunter 16
||M Atkins 6
||D White 3
Georgia State easily defeated North Carolina-Wilmington 81-63 in conference action on Wednesday, January 23rd. The Panthers were led by R.J. Hunter, who got 19 points plus six rebounds (6 Ast 3 Stl). Manny Atkins had a team-high 19 points and added four rebounds (4 Ast 4 Stl). Keith Rendleman recorded a double-double for the Seahawks with a game-high 23 points and 10 rebounds. Next up for Georgia State (10-11, 5-3 CAA) is Drexel (7-11, 3-3 CAA) on Saturday, January 26th on the road.
Georgia State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:46 left to go.
- Georgia State started 10-11 during the 2004, 2002, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over North Carolina-Wilmington extended the Georgia State winning streak to 4 games.
- GSU beat the spread by 11.0 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Panthers have beaten the spread.
- The Panthers have won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after recording 16 or more free throws made.
- GSU has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record 11 or fewer assists.
- GSU has won 80% of the time this season (8-2) after holding an opponent to under 42.0% field goal percentage.
- The Panthers have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 6 games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--GSU has a 3.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (R.J. Hunter and Manny Atkins) accounted for 46.9% of the points.
- Markus Crider accounted for 30.3% of the team's rebounds.
- R.J. Hunter has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 21 games this season.
- Markus Crider has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 21 games this season.
- Devonta White has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- R.J. Hunter has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Markus Crider recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
North Carolina-Wilmington Game Notes
- North Carolina-Wilmington lost and did not cover the spread.
- Keith Rendleman accounted for 36.5% of the team's points.
- Keith Rendleman accounted for 35.7% of the team's rebounds.
- Keith Rendleman has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 13 times in 18 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Chris Dixon's career.
- Chris Dixon has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Keith Rendleman's career.
- Keith Rendleman has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Keith Rendleman recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 32nd of his career.