William & Mary 91
(7-11, 3-8 away)
(12-7, 5-5 home)
Venue: Matthews Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 23, 2013
|William & Mary
|William & Mary
||M Thornton 18
||T Rusthoven 7
||M Thornton 2
||J Smith 16
||R Spencer 6
||J Lee 4
In a high-scoring matchup, Northeastern beat William & Mary 95-91 in double overtime. Northeastern led 34-19 at the half, but William & Mary fought back in the second half to get close at the end. Joel Smith had a big game for the Huskies and put up a season-high 29 points and four rebounds. Jonathan Lee had 19 points and added five rebounds. Tim Rusthoven recorded a double-double for the Tribe on a career-high 25 points and 11 rebounds. This makes three wins in a row for the Huskies. Northeastern (12-7, 7-0 CAA) welcomes George Mason (12-7, 5-2 CAA) on Sunday, January 27th.
Northeastern Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd OT with 0:10 left to go.
- Northeastern started 12-7 during the 2009 and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over William & Mary extended the Northeastern winning streak to 7 games.
- Northeastern has played in 2 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Huskies have played in 12 overtime games with a record of 8-4.
- The Huskies have won 8 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Northeastern has won 40 close games.
- Northeastern has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when its three-point percentage has been 46.2% or better.
- NU has won 86% of the time this season (12-2) when opponents record 13 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Northeastern has won 73% of the time (11-4) when Quincy Ford has 10 points or more and 100% of the time (7-0) when Joel Smith has 5 free throws made or more.
- The Huskies set season highs for assists, field goals made, and total points.
- The last time NU recorded at least 95 total points was Nov 25, 2005 against Cal State Northridge.
- The Huskies have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--NU has a -1.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Joel Smith recorded a team season high in points with 29.
- Joel Smith accounted for 30.5% of the team's points.
- Joel Smith has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 19 games this season.
- Jonathan Lee has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 19 games this season.
- Jonathan Lee has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Joel Smith's career.
- Joel Smith has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Joel Smith had career highs with 29 points and 11 field goals made.
- Quincy Ford has 5 straight double-digit point games.
William & Mary Game Notes
- The Tribe have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, William & Mary has lost 29 close games.
- This loss extended the Tribe losing streak to 8 games.
- Tim Rusthoven recorded a team season high in field goals made with 10 and blocks with 5.
- The top two scorers (Tim Rusthoven and Marcus Thornton) accounted for 52.7% of the points.
- Tim Rusthoven accounted for 30.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Tim Rusthoven has led the team in scoring 5 times and in rebounding 11 times in 18 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Marcus Thornton's career.
- Marcus Thornton has 18 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Tim Rusthoven's career.
- Tim Rusthoven has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Tim Rusthoven.
- Tim Rusthoven recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 6th of his career.
- Tim Rusthoven set career highs with 25 points, 10 field goals made, and 5 blocks.