(7-11, 6-5 away)
(5-14, 5-5 home)
Venue: Mack Sports Complex
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 23, 2013
||D Lee 17
||D McCoy 8
||F Massenat 4
||T Buie 15
||J Hall 9
||S Mejia 4
Hofstra faced off with Drexel on Wednesday, January 23rd and let one slip to the Dragons 55-52 in conference play. The Pride were led by Taran Buie, who put up a game-high 29 points, with 21 coming from three-point range. David Imes had eight points and added three assists. For the Dragons, Dartaye Ruffin got nine points and eight rebounds. Hofstra (5-14, 2-4 CAA) gets North Carolina-Wilmington (7-11, 2-4 CAA) on their home court on Saturday, January 26th.
Hofstra Game Notes
- The last time Hofstra started the season 5-14 was 2002.
- Hofstra beat the spread by 4.0 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Pride have beaten the spread.
- The Pride have been unlucky 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Hofstra has lost 25 close games.
- Hofstra has lost 100% of the time this season (0-10) after recording 20 or fewer field goals made.
- Hofstra has lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after committing 17 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition commits 14 or fewer turnovers this season, Hofstra has lost 88% of the time (1-7).
- When the opposition records 7 or more steals this season, Hofstra has lost 81% of the time (3-13).
- When the opposition records 12 or more assists this season, Hofstra has lost 77% of the time (3-10).
- The Pride set a season high for three-point percentage.
- The Pride have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 10 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--Hofstra has a -1.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Taran Buie recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 7 and three pointers attempted with 11.
- Taran Buie accounted for 55.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jordan Allen and Moussa Kone) accounted for 40.6% of the rebounds.
- Taran Buie has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 19 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Taran Buie's career.
- Taran Buie has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Taran Buie had career highs with 29 points, 10 field goals made, and 7 three-pointers.
Drexel Game Notes
- Drexel won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Dragons won this one, but have lost 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Drexel has lost 24 close games.
- Dartaye Ruffin recorded a team season high in blocks with 3.
- The top two scorers (Frantz Massenat and Damion Lee) accounted for 50.9% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Dartaye Ruffin and Kazembe Abif) accounted for 40.6% of the rebounds.
- Frantz Massenat has led the team in scoring 9 times in 18 games this season.
- Dartaye Ruffin has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 18 games this season.
- Frantz Massenat has 6 straight double-digit point games.