South Florida faced off with Seton Hall on Wednesday, January 23rd and lost to the Pirates 55-47 in conference play. The Bulls got six points from Anthony Collins in minutes. Martino Brock had eight points and added three rebounds. Fuquan Edwin registered a double-double for the Pirates with a game-high 16 points and 10 rebounds. South Florida (10-8, 1-5 Big East) hosts 24th-ranked Notre Dame (15-4, 3-3 Big East) on Saturday, January 26th.
South Florida Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:12 left to go.
- South Florida started 10-8 during the 2011, 2007, 2006, 2002, 1998, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- South Florida has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 47 or fewer total points.
- The Bulls set a season high for steals.
- The last time USF recorded at least 11 steals was Jan 23, 2010 against Providence.
- USF set season lows for free throws made, rebounds, three-pointers, and three-point percentage.
- South Florida has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- The top two scorers (Jawanza Poland and Toarlyn Fitzpatrick) accounted for 48.9% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Victor Rudd and Toarlyn Fitzpatrick) accounted for 54.5% of the rebounds.
- Jawanza Poland has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 18 games this season.
- Victor Rudd has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 18 games this season.
- This game was the 7th double-digit assist game of Anthony Collins's career.
- Jawanza Poland has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jawanza Poland had a career high with 3 three-pointers.
Seton Hall Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Fuquan Edwin and Brandon Mobley) accounted for 54.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Fuquan Edwin and Brandon Mobley) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Fuquan Edwin has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 3 times in 19 games this season.
- Fuquan Edwin recorded the 6th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Fuquan Edwin has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Fuquan Edwin recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 4th of his career.
- Brandon Mobley set a career high with 7 field goals made.