South Florida 47
(10-8, 2-4 away)
Seton Hall 55
(13-6, 9-2 home)
Venue: Prudential Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 23, 2013
||V Rudd 10
||V Rudd 7
||A Collins 7
||F Edwin 17
||G Teague 8
||T Maayan 3
Seton Hall came out on top against South Florida 55-47 in conference action on Wednesday, January 23rd. Fuquan Edwin picked up a double-double for the Pirates including a game-high 16 points and 10 rebounds. Brandon Mobley also had a strong showing, scoring 14 points and adding five rebounds. Anthony Collins got six points for the Bulls. Seton Hall (13-6, 2-4 Big East) takes on St. John's (12-7, 4-3 Big East) on Sunday, January 27th on the road.
Seton Hall Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:12 left to go.
- Seton Hall started 13-6 during the 2007 and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- SHU beat the spread by 3.0 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Pirates have beaten the spread.
- Seton Hall has won 78% of the time this season (7-2) when its three-point percentage has been 38.5% or better.
- SHU has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 19 or fewer field goals made.
- SHU has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 33.9% field goal percentage.
- This season Seton Hall has won 73% of the time (8-3) when Fuquan Edwin has 16 points or more, 77% of the time (10-3) when Gene Teague has 4 field goals made or more, and 80% of the time (8-2) when Brandon Mobley has 5 rebounds or more.
- SHU set season lows for steals and total points.
- The Pirates have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 7 games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--SHU has a 7.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Fuquan Edwin and Brandon Mobley) accounted for 54.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Fuquan Edwin and Brandon Mobley) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Fuquan Edwin has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 3 times in 19 games this season.
- Fuquan Edwin recorded the 6th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Fuquan Edwin has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Fuquan Edwin recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 4th of his career.
- Brandon Mobley had a career high with 7 field goals made.
South Florida Game Notes
- South Florida lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Jawanza Poland and Toarlyn Fitzpatrick) accounted for 48.9% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Victor Rudd and Toarlyn Fitzpatrick) accounted for 54.5% of the rebounds.
- Jawanza Poland has led the team in scoring 6 times in 18 games this season.
- Victor Rudd has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 18 games this season.
- This game was the 7th double-digit assist game of Anthony Collins's career.
- Jawanza Poland has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jawanza Poland set a career high with 3 three-pointers.