St John's 72
(12-7, 4-3 away)
(12-6, 9-3 home)
Venue: Louis Brown Athletic Center
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, January 23, 2013
||D Harrison 19
||J Sampson 6
||P Greene IV 2
||E Carter 15
||D Miller 6
||D Miller 2
St. John's got a victory on the road against Rutgers 72-60 in conference play on Wednesday, January 23rd. With the win, the Red Storm go to 2-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Red Storm got the win with 13 points and nine rebounds (7 Ast 6 Stl) from Sir`Dominic Pointer. JaKarr Sampson had a game-high 21 points and added seven rebounds. For the Scarlet Knights, Myles Mack got a team-high 17 points and four rebounds. Next up for St. John's (12-7, 4-3 Big East) is Seton Hall (13-6, 2-4 Big East) on Sunday, January 27th on their home court.
St. John's Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:52 left to go.
- St. John's started 12-7 during the 2009 and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Rutgers extended the St. John's winning streak to 3 games.
- SJU beat the spread by 16.5 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Red Storm have beaten the spread.
- The Red Storm have won 88% of the time this season (7-1) after recording 40 or more rebounds.
- St. John's has won 75% of the time this season (6-2) when its field goal percentage has been 45.3% or better.
- SJU has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 36.5% field goal percentage.
- SJU has won 88% of the time this season (7-1) when opponents record 60 or fewer total points.
- This season St. John's has won 80% of the time (4-1) when JaKarr Sampson plays 36 minutes or more and 83% of the time (5-1) when Sir`Dominic Pointer has 4 field goals made or more.
- The Red Storm set a season high for free throws made.
- The last time SJU recorded at least 21 free throws made was Feb 20, 2012 against DePaul.
- SJU set a season low for blocks.
- The Red Storm have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- Sir`Dominic Pointer recorded a team season high in steals with 6.
- The top two scorers (JaKarr Sampson and D`Angelo Harrison) accounted for 56.9% of the points.
- JaKarr Sampson has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 19 games this season.
- Sir`Dominic Pointer has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 19 games this season.
- This marks the 24th 20-point game of D`Angelo Harrison's career.
- Sir`Dominic Pointer had career highs with 7 assists and 6 steals.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of JaKarr Sampson's career.
- JaKarr Sampson has 6 straight double-digit point games.
Rutgers Game Notes
- Rutgers lost and did not cover the spread.
- Myles Mack recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 16.
- The top two scorers (Myles Mack and Mike Poole) accounted for 46.6% of the points.
- Myles Mack has led the team in scoring 5 times in 18 games this season.
- Dane Miller has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 18 games this season.
- Myles Mack has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Jerome Seagears.
|C||Phil Greene IV||20||4||2||1||0||0||0|