|Arkansas State||E Townsel 15.4||B Peterson 9.4||R Dickerson 2.5|
|Troy||E Jones 10.9||R Chambers 6.0||H Williams 3.4|
On Thursday, Troy welcomes Arkansas State at Trojan Arena. It starts at 8:30 EST. The Trojans are 2-2 against the Red Wolves over the last four years. They fell 83-59 on 2/16/2012, the last time they met.
Troy is in 10th place in the Sun Belt and Arkansas State is in 4th. Both teams continue to fight for position.
The Trojans were defeated by Florida International 61-55 on January 19th despite 18 points and 5 rebounds from Emil Jones. A stat-sheet stuffer, he leads the team with 10.9 points per game, 1.6 steals per game, and 0.6 blocks per game. For the Red Wolves, Brandon Peterson put up 11 points and 12 rebounds in the 63-39 blowout of Louisiana-Monroe on January 19th. With 9.4 rebounds per game and 1.2 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Arkansas State has a statistical edge over Troy in one specific area, scoring, where the Red Wolves have the upper hand over the Trojans, 69 points per game to 61 points per game.
Arkansas State StatSmack
- The Troy basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Arkansas State (75% vs 45%).
- At least you keep showing up. Troy has an average margin of victory of 11 over Arkansas State in 5 wins since 2005.
- Emil Jones is ranked 9th in the Sun Belt in assists and 5th in the Sun Belt in steals.
- Antoine Myers is ranked 3rd in the Sun Belt in assists.
- Hunter Williams is ranked 7th in the Sun Belt in three-pointers and 4th in the Sun Belt in assists.
- The Troy assist leader (Antoine Myers) has more assists than the Arkansas State assist leader (Cameron Golden).
- Troy has a better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (0.498 to 0.490).