Georgia forced only seven turnovers and was punished by No. 8 Florida 64-47 in conference play on Wednesday, January 23rd. Georgia went in to halftime with a 27-24 lead, but then Florida came out strong in the second half and pulled away at the end. With the loss, the Bulldogs stay winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-5 for the season. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope put up a team-high 16 points and seven rebounds for the Bulldogs. Nemanja Djurisic had seven points and added two rebounds. For the Gators, Will Yeguete finished with seven points and 11 rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, January 26th when Georgia (7-11, 1-4 SEC) heads to Texas A&M (12-5, 2-2 SEC).
Georgia Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:18 left to go.
- The last time UGA started the season 7-11 was 2004.
- Prior to this game, UGA played 34 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 6-28.
- The Bulldogs have lost 90% of the time this season (1-9) after having a field goal percentage of 41.0% or worse.
- Georgia has lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after recording 28 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.1% or better this season, Georgia has lost 100% of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records 8 or more three-pointers this season, Georgia has lost 100% of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 40.0% or better this season, Georgia has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- UGA set a season low for steals.
- The Bulldogs have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 4th loss of the season where the Bulldogs opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--UGA has a 1.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope accounted for 34.0% of the team's points.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has led the team in scoring 16 times and in rebounding 7 times in 18 games this season.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has 18 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Donte` Williams.
Florida Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Scottie Wilbekin and Kenny Boynton) accounted for 48.4% of the points.
- Will Yeguete accounted for 35.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Will Yeguete has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 17 games this season.
- Scottie Wilbekin set career highs with 17 points and 7 field goals made.
- Erik Murphy has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Will Yeguete recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Will Yeguete set a career high with 4 steals.