In a high-scoring showdown, Colgate nipped Army 93-90 in overtime. It looked like this one could get ugly, with Army up 39-27 at the half, but Colgate was able to make a comeback and secure the win in the second half. Murphy Burnatowski had an impressive game for the Raiders and got a staggering 35 points (8 Reb 3 Ast), shooting 5 of 9 from three-point range. Brandon James had 15 points and added nine rebounds. For the Black Knights, Kevin Ferguson got a season-high 11 points and two rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, January 26th when Colgate (7-13, 1-3 Patriot) travels to Navy (7-11, 1-2 Patriot).
Colgate Game Notes
- Colgate started 7-13 during the 2006 and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- Colgate has played in 1 overtime game this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Raiders have played in 13 overtime games with a record of 8-5.
- The Raiders have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Colgate has won 28 close games.
- Colgate has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 51.5% or better.
- The Raiders have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 7 or more steals.
- The Raiders set season highs for field goals made, steals, and total points.
- The last time Colgate recorded at least 35 field goals made was Dec 06, 2006 against Elmira.
- Colgate has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 2nd win of the season where the Raiders came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--Colgate has a 2.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Murphy Burnatowski recorded a team season high in points with 35, field goals made with 14, and field goals attempted with 24.
- Murphy Burnatowski accounted for 37.6% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Brandon James and Murphy Burnatowski) accounted for 47.2% of the rebounds.
- Murphy Burnatowski has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 20 games this season.
- Brandon James has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 20 games this season.
- This marks the 9th 20-point game of Murphy Burnatowski's career.
- Murphy Burnatowski had career highs with 35 points, 14 field goals made, and 5 three-pointers.
- Luke Roh had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
Army Game Notes
- The Black Knights have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Army has lost 22 close games.
- Dylan Cox recorded a team season high in assists with 8.
- The top two scorers (Kyle Wilson and Kyle Toth) accounted for 41.1% of the points.
- The bench recorded more points (54) than the starters (36).
- Kyle Wilson has led the team in scoring 5 times in 19 games this season.
- Kyle Toth has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 19 games this season.
- Dylan Cox has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Kyle Wilson's career.
- Kyle Wilson has 3 straight double-digit point games.