Charleston Southern 79
(11-6, 4-4 away)
(4-16, 4-4 home)
Venue: Ross E. Templeton P.E. Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 23, 2013
||S Nimley 15
||M Muo 5
||S Nimley 5
||K Mutakabbir 15
||J Clyburn 6
||E Washington 5
Presbyterian lost big against Charleston Southern 79-59 in conference play in a game where the Buccaneers scored 45 points from beyond the three-point line. The Blue Hose were paced by Khalid Mutakabbir, who put up a team-high 16 points and five rebounds. William Truss had six points and added four rebounds. Saah Nimley got a career-high 26 points (9 Reb 3 Ast) for the Buccaneers, making 5 of 10 from three-point range. The next game will be on Saturday, January 26th when Presbyterian (4-16, 1-5 Big South) travels to Longwood (3-17, 0-6 Big South).
Presbyterian Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:04 left to go.
- Presbyterian has lost 100% of the time this season (0-12) after recording 59 or fewer total points.
- The Blue Hose have lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after having a field goal percentage of 35.5% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 43.3% or better this season, Presbyterian has lost 100% of the time (0-11).
- When the opposition records 40 or more rebounds this season, Presbyterian has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition commits 10 or fewer turnovers this season, Presbyterian has lost 100% of the time (0-11).
- The Blue Hose have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- Presbyterian has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- Khalid Mutakabbir recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 18.
- The top two scorers (Khalid Mutakabbir and Eric Washington) accounted for 45.7% of the points.
- Khalid Mutakabbir has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 20 games this season.
- Ryan McTavish has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 20 games this season.
- Jordan Downing has 6 straight double-digit point games.
Charleston Southern Game Notes
- Saah Nimley accounted for 32.9% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Saah Nimley and Mathiang Muo) accounted for 45.0% of the rebounds.
- Saah Nimley has led the team in scoring 8 times and in rebounding 5 times in 17 games this season.
- Jeremy Sexton has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Saah Nimley's career.
- Saah Nimley set career highs with 26 points and 5 three-pointers.