George Washington 66
(9-9, 4-5 away)
Rhode Island 65
(6-11, 4-7 home)
Venue: Ryan Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 23, 2013
||I Armwood 12
||I Armwood 8
||J McDonald 3
||X Munford 17
||N Malesevic 4
||M Powell 3
Rhode Island lost a close one to George Washington 66-65 in conference play on Wednesday, January 23rd. Xavier Munford put up a game-high 20 points plus five assists in a losing effort. Nikola Malesevic had 16 points and added six rebounds. For the Colonials, Isaiah Armwood finished with a team-high 13 points and five rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, January 26th when Rhode Island (6-10, 1-3 A-10) goes to Fordham (5-14, 1-3 A-10).
Rhode Island Game Notes
- The Rams have been unlucky 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Rhode Island has lost 30 close games.
- Rhode Island has lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after recording 11 or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition records 12 or more free throws made this season, Rhode Island has lost 80% of the time (2-8).
- When the opposition records 34 or more rebounds this season, Rhode Island has lost 75% of the time (3-9).
- When the opposition commits 13 or fewer turnovers this season, Rhode Island has lost 75% of the time (3-9).
- This is the 9th game at home this season--URI has a 2.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Xavier Munford accounted for 30.7% of the team's points.
- Xavier Munford has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 17 games this season.
- Nikola Malesevic has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 17 games this season.
- Andre Malone has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Xavier Munford's career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Mike Powell.
George Washington Game Notes
- The Colonials won this one, but have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, George Washington has lost 25 close games.
- Isaiah Armwood has led the team in scoring 7 times in 18 games this season.