(5-14, 1-11 away)
(11-7, 8-3 home)
Venue: University of Dayton Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 23, 2013
||B Frazier 15
||C Gaston 8
||B Frazier 5
||K Dillard 15
||D Oliver 8
||K Dillard 4
On Wednesday, January 23rd, Dayton outshot Fordham 57%-37% and waxed the Rams 96-51 in A-10 action. Dayton went up 52-23 at the half and continued to play well in the second half. The Flyers got a game-high 22 points (8 Ast 5 Reb) from Kevin Dillard, with 15 points coming from three-point range. Vee Sanford also had a great game, scoring 19 points and adding six assists. For the Rams, Ryan Rhoomes got seven points and seven rebounds. Next up for Dayton (11-7, 1-3 A-10) is Duquesne (7-12, 0-5 A-10) on Saturday, January 26th on their home court.
Dayton Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 9:43 left to go.
- The last time UD started the season 11-7 was 2000.
- UD beat the spread by 29.0 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Flyers have beaten the spread.
- This was the 3rd blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, UD has been on the winning end of 22 blowout games.
- UD has won 88% of the time this season (7-1) when opponents record 13 or fewer free throws made.
- UD has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after holding an opponent to under 37.0% field goal percentage.
- This season Dayton has won 100% of the time (4-0) when Vee Sanford has 19 points or more and 100% of the time (4-0) when Kevin Dillard has 8 assists or more.
- The Flyers set season highs for assists, field goals made, three-pointers, three-point percentage, and total points.
- The last time UD recorded at least 15 three-pointers was Jan 09, 1997 against Wright State.
- UD set a season low for turnovers.
- The Flyers have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Dayton has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--UD has a 12.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Kevin Dillard and Vee Sanford) accounted for 42.7% of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (22) than the starters (15).
- Kevin Dillard has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 18 games this season.
- Jalen Robinson has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 18 games this season.
- Vee Sanford has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Vee Sanford had career highs with 7 field goals made and 6 assists.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Kevin Dillard's career.
- Kevin Dillard has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Kevin Dillard had career highs with 8 field goals made and 5 three-pointers.
Fordham Game Notes
- Fordham lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 4th blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Fordham has been on the losing end of 42 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Rams losing streak to 3 games.
- The top two rebounders (Ryan Rhoomes and Travion Leonard) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (15) than the starters (10).
- The bench recorded more points (31) than the starters (20).
- Ryan Rhoomes has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 19 games this season.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Luka Zivkovic.