(5-14, 1-11 away)
(11-7, 8-3 home)
Venue: University of Dayton Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 23, 2013
||B Frazier 15
||C Gaston 8
||B Frazier 5
||K Dillard 15
||D Oliver 8
||K Dillard 4
Fordham was easily defeated by Dayton 96-51 in conference play on an evening when they were outshot by the Flyers 57%-37%. Fordham dug a hole early, down 52-23 at the break, and was never able to get back in the game. The Rams got seven points and seven rebounds from Ryan Rhoomes. Mandell Thomas had six points and added two rebounds. For the Flyers, Kevin Dillard finished with a game-high 22 points (8 Ast 5 Reb), including 5-of-6 shooting from three-point range. Next up for Fordham (5-14, 1-3 A-10) is Rhode Island (6-10, 1-3 A-10) on Saturday, January 26th at home.
Fordham Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 9:43 left to go.
- Fordham has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after recording 51 or fewer total points.
- The Rams have lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after having a field goal percentage of 37.0% or worse.
- Fordham has lost 86% of the time this season (1-6) after committing 19 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 37 or more rebounds this season, Fordham has lost 100% of the time (0-9).
- When the opposition records 24 or more assists this season, Fordham has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition commits 8 or fewer turnovers this season, Fordham has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- Fordham set a season low for steals.
- The Rams have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 12 games.
- Fordham has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 12 games.
- The top two rebounders (Ryan Rhoomes and Travion Leonard) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (15) than the starters (10).
- The bench recorded more points (31) than the starters (20).
- Ryan Rhoomes has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 19 games this season.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Luka Zivkovic.
Dayton Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Kevin Dillard and Vee Sanford) accounted for 42.7% of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (22) than the starters (15).
- Kevin Dillard has led the team in scoring 9 times in 18 games this season.
- Jalen Robinson has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 18 games this season.
- Vee Sanford has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Vee Sanford set career highs with 7 field goals made and 6 assists.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Kevin Dillard's career.
- Kevin Dillard has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Kevin Dillard set career highs with 8 field goals made and 5 three-pointers.