Boston University 85
(10-10, 4-7 away)
(16-5, 8-2 home)
Venue: Recreation and Convocation Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 23, 2013
||D Irving 14
||D Morris 6
||M Watson Jr. 4
||M Black 16
||S Rowley 6
||M Black 2
Albany got beat at home by Boston University 85-80 in overtime on Wednesday, January 23rd. The Great Danes were led by Sam Rowley, who put up 14 points and eight rebounds. Jayson Guerrier had 11 points and added four rebounds. Maurice Watson Jr. finished with a game-high 21 points and seven assists for the Terriers. The next game will be on Saturday, January 26th when Albany (16-5, 5-2 America East) welcomes Vermont (12-7, 5-2 America East).
Albany Game Notes
- Albany has played in 1 overtime game this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Great Danes have played in 14 overtime games with a record of 5-9.
- The Great Danes have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Albany has lost 34 close games.
- Albany has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 3 or fewer steals.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 47.6% or better this season, Albany has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- The Great Danes set a season high for blocks.
- The Great Danes have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 16 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--Albany has a 5.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Mike Black recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 22.
- The top two scorers (Mike Black and Sam Rowley) accounted for 42.5% of the points.
- Mike Black has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 21 games this season.
- Sam Rowley has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 21 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Mike Black's career.
- Sam Rowley has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- John Puk had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
Boston University Game Notes
- The Terriers won this one, but have lost 6 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Boston University has lost 29 close games.
- D.J. Irving recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 11.
- The top two scorers (Maurice Watson Jr. and D.J. Irving) accounted for 48.2% of the points.
- Malik Thomas accounted for 34.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Maurice Watson Jr. has led the team in scoring 4 times in 20 games this season.
- Malik Thomas has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 20 games this season.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of D.J. Irving's career.
- D.J. Irving set a career high with 5 three-pointers.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Maurice Watson Jr.'s career.
- Malik Thomas recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Malik Thomas recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Malik Thomas set career highs with 10 rebounds and 8 defensive rebounds.
|A+||M. Watson Jr.||36||21||2||7||1||0||2|