Boston University 85
(10-10, 4-7 away)
(16-5, 8-2 home)
Venue: Recreation and Convocation Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 23, 2013
||D Irving 14
||D Morris 6
||M Watson Jr. 4
||M Black 16
||S Rowley 6
||M Black 2
Boston University got a victory on the road against Albany 85-80 in overtime on Wednesday, January 23rd. The Terriers got the win with a game-high 21 points and seven assists from Maurice Watson Jr. D.J. Irving was solid from three-point range, going 5 for 11 to get to 20 points overall (4 Ast 3 Reb 3 Stl). For the Great Danes, Sam Rowley got 14 points and eight rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, January 26th when Boston University (10-10, 4-3 America East) welcomes Maryland-Baltimore County (4-15, 2-4 America East).
Boston University Game Notes
- The last time BU started the season 10-10 was 1997.
- Boston University has played in 2 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Terriers have played in 13 overtime games with a record of 10-3.
- The Terriers have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Boston University has won 24 close games.
- Boston University has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when its three-point percentage has been 45.2% or better.
- This season Boston University has won 83% of the time (5-1) when Malik Thomas has 5 field goals made or more.
- The Terriers set season highs for field goals made, three-pointers, and total points.
- The last time BU recorded at least 14 three-pointers was Mar 06, 2010 against Hartford.
- The Terriers have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- D.J. Irving recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 11.
- The top two scorers (Maurice Watson Jr. and D.J. Irving) accounted for 48.2% of the points.
- Malik Thomas accounted for 34.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Maurice Watson Jr. has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 20 games this season.
- Malik Thomas has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 20 games this season.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of D.J. Irving's career.
- D.J. Irving had a career high with 5 three-pointers.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Maurice Watson Jr.'s career.
- Malik Thomas recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Malik Thomas recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Malik Thomas had career highs with 10 rebounds and 8 defensive rebounds.
Albany Game Notes
- The Great Danes have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Albany has lost 34 close games.
- Mike Black recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 22.
- The top two scorers (Mike Black and Sam Rowley) accounted for 42.5% of the points.
- Mike Black has led the team in scoring 12 times in 21 games this season.
- Sam Rowley has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Mike Black's career.
- Sam Rowley has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- John Puk set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
|A+||M. Watson Jr.||36||21||2||7||1||0||2|