|Wyoming||L Martinez 14.5||L Washington 9.2||D Gilmore 2.6|
|UNLV||A Bennett 18.5||A Bennett 8.7||A Marshall 5.8|
UNLV plays host to Wyoming at Thomas & Mack Center on Thursday. Tip-off is at 9:15 EST and you can see it on CBSSN. The Rebels are 7-2 against the Cowboys over the last four years. They won 56-48 on 3/8/2012 the last time they played.
Wyoming and UNLV are tied for 3rd in the conference.
In their last outing, despite 21 points and 6 rebounds from Anthony Marshall, the Rebels fell to Colorado State 66-61 on January 19th. On top of a team-high 5.8 assists per game, he also scores 10.3 points per game. For the Cowboys, Leonard Washington finished with 14 points and 14 rebounds in the 58-45 win over San Diego State on January 19th. With 9.2 rebounds per game and 2.0 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
UNLV appears to have a key statistical advantage in two areas. With the edge in rebounding (42 per game to 30 per game), the Rebels should find themselves in a good position on offense. UNLV also has an advantage in scoring, 76 points per game to 64 points per game. Wyoming will hope to exploit their strength in free throw rate in this matchup. Their mark of 45.9 in this area ranks 2nd in the conference and 7th in the country.
- At least you keep showing up. UNLV has an average margin of victory of 12 over Wyoming in 27 wins since 1980.
- UNLV is better at defending the three (28.7% allowed vs 35.1% allowed) than Wyoming this season.
- Anthony Bennett is ranked 30th nationally in points, 46th nationally in rebounds, and 3rd in the Mountain West in blocks.
- You get an A for effort, but UNLV has emerged victorious against Wyoming the last 2 times they've played.
- Katin Reinhardt is ranked 8th in the Mountain West in three-pointers and 10th in the Mountain West in assists.
- UNLV is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on UNLV is 78.4 inches compared to 76.2 inches for Wyoming.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? UNLV currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (961 to 938) than Wyoming, per the NCAA.
- UNLV beat Wyoming by 8 points the last time they played (Mar 08, 2012).
- UNLV has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.728 to 0.518).
- Diaper Dandies love us. UNLV has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Wyoming (8 vs 0).
- Justin Hawkins is ranked 3rd in the Mountain West in steals.
|B||Larry Nance Jr||32||11||7||1||1||1||2|
|D+||Derek Cooke Jr||10||2||3||0||0||0||1|