Saint Louis turned the ball over only eight times and got a road win against Duquesne 73-64 in A-10 action on Wednesday, January 23rd. The Billikens got the win with a career-high eight points and 11 rebounds from Grandy Glaze. Dwayne Evans had 14 points and added six rebounds. Jerry Jones got a double-double for the Dukes with a game-high 18 points and 11 rebounds. Saint Louis (13-5, 2-2 A-10) heads to St. Bonaventure (8-9, 1-3 A-10) on Saturday, January 26th.
Saint Louis Game Notes
- SLU has won 100% of the time this season (10-0) after holding an opponent to under 43.4% field goal percentage.
- SLU has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 1 or fewer blocks.
- This season Saint Louis has won 88% of the time (7-1) when Jordair Jett has 10 points or more, 88% of the time (7-1) when Dwayne Evans has 4 field goals made or more, and 86% of the time (6-1) when Cody Ellis has 5 rebounds or more.
- The Billikens set season highs for free throws made, rebounds, and steals.
- The last time SLU recorded at least 28 free throws made was Feb 22, 2006 against Rhode Island.
- SLU set season lows for three-pointers, three-point percentage, and turnovers.
- Cody Ellis recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11 and free throws attempted with 12.
- The top two scorers (Cody Ellis and Dwayne Evans) accounted for 41.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Grandy Glaze and Dwayne Evans) accounted for 42.5% of the rebounds.
- Cody Ellis has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 18 games this season.
- Grandy Glaze recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Cody Ellis had a career high with 11 free throws made.
Duquesne Game Notes
- This loss extended the Dukes losing streak to 7 games.
- The top two scorers (Jerry Jones and Derrick Colter) accounted for 48.4% of the points.
- Jerry Jones accounted for 30.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Jerry Jones has led the team in scoring 3 times and in rebounding 3 times in 19 games this season.
- Derrick Colter has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Jerry Jones recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jerry Jones recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Jerry Jones set career highs with 11 rebounds and 8 defensive rebounds.