Saint Louis 73
(13-5, 1-3 away)
(7-12, 6-4 home)
Venue: A.J. Palumbo Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 23, 2013
||C Ellis 11
||D Evans 6
||K Mitchell 4
||S Johnson 13
||A Marhold 5
||D Colter 4
On Wednesday, January 23rd, Duquesne forced only eight turnovers and got beat at home by Saint Louis 73-64 in conference play. The Dukes got a double-double out of Jerry Jones with a game-high 18 points and 11 rebounds. Quevyn Winters had five points and added seven rebounds. For the Billikens, Grandy Glaze got a career-high eight points and 11 rebounds. Duquesne (7-12, 0-5 A-10) heads to Dayton (10-7, 0-3 A-10) on Saturday, January 26th.
Duquesne Game Notes
- Duquesne started 7-12 during the 2002, 2000, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Duquesne has lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after recording 23 or fewer field goals made.
- When the opposition records 40 or more rebounds this season, Duquesne has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- Duquesne set a season low for steals.
- The Dukes have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 4 games.
- Duquesne has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--Duquesne has a 2.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Jerry Jones and Derrick Colter) accounted for 48.4% of the points.
- Jerry Jones accounted for 30.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Jerry Jones has led the team in scoring 3 times and in rebounding 3 times in 19 games this season.
- Derrick Colter has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Jerry Jones recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jerry Jones recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Jerry Jones had career highs with 11 rebounds and 8 defensive rebounds.
Saint Louis Game Notes
- Cody Ellis recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11 and free throws attempted with 12.
- The top two scorers (Cody Ellis and Dwayne Evans) accounted for 41.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Grandy Glaze and Dwayne Evans) accounted for 42.5% of the rebounds.
- Cody Ellis has led the team in scoring 4 times in 18 games this season.
- Grandy Glaze recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Cody Ellis set a career high with 11 free throws made.
|C+||Mike McCall Jr||20||5||2||1||1||1||0|