Stony Brook 67
(14-5, 8-4 away)
Venue: Retriever Activities Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 23, 2013
||J Warney 12
||T Brenton 8
||T Brenton 4
||R Cook 15
||R Cook 6
||A Morgan 2
Stony Brook squared off with Maryland-Baltimore County on Wednesday, January 23rd and won on the road against the Retrievers 67-60 in conference play. The Seawolves were led by Dave Coley, who put up a game-high 17 points plus eight rebounds. Jameel Warney had nine points and added seven rebounds. For the Retrievers, Quentin Jones got a season-high 11 points and six assists. This makes three wins in a row for the Seawolves. The next game will be on Saturday, January 26th when Stony Brook (14-5, 5-1 America East) welcomes Maine (8-11, 3-3 America East).
Stony Brook Game Notes
- The Seawolves have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 20 or more free throws made.
- Stony Brook has won 85% of the time this season (11-2) after committing 13 or fewer turnovers.
- STKNY has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) after holding an opponent to under 34.8% field goal percentage.
- STKNY has won 92% of the time this season (12-1) when opponents record 60 or fewer total points.
- This season Stony Brook has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Tommy Brenton has 12 points or more and 85% of the time (11-2) when Jameel Warney has 4 field goals made or more.
- STKNY set season lows for blocks and steals.
- The Seawolves have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- The top two scorers (Dave Coley and Tommy Brenton) accounted for 43.2% of the points.
- Dave Coley has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 19 games this season.
- Dave Coley has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Tommy Brenton has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Maryland-Baltimore County Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Ryan Cook and Brett Roseboro) accounted for 41.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Chase Plummer and Brett Roseboro) accounted for 41.1% of the rebounds.
- Ryan Cook has led the team in scoring 13 times in 19 games this season.
- Chase Plummer has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 19 games this season.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Quentin Jones.
- Quentin Jones set a career high with 6 assists.
- Ryan Cook set a career high with 4 three-pointers.
- Chase Plummer has 5 straight double-digit point games.