On Wednesday, January 23rd, UCF took on Rice and defeated the Owls 78-67 in C-USA play. The Knights were led by Isaiah Sykes, who got a game-high 24 points plus five rebounds. Calvin Newell Jr. was on fire from three-point range, going 5 for 8 to get to a career-high 24 points overall. For the Owls, Tamir Jackson got a team-high 15 points and five rebounds. UCF (13-5, 3-1 C-USA) takes on Southern Methodist (11-9, 1-4 C-USA) on Saturday, January 26th on their home court.
UCF Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:34 left to go.
- UCF has won 89% of the time this season (8-1) when its three-point percentage has been 39.1% or better.
- The Knights have won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after recording 78 or more total points.
- UCF has won 91% of the time this season (10-1) when opponents record 67 or fewer total points.
- This season UCF has won 73% of the time (8-3) when Isaiah Sykes plays 37 minutes or more and 90% of the time (9-1) when Keith Clanton has 10 rebounds or more.
- The Knights set a season high for free throws made.
- The last time UCF recorded at least 27 free throws made was Jan 08, 2011 against Houston.
- UCF set a season low for steals.
- The Knights have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--UCF has a 9.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Isaiah Sykes recorded a team season high in free throws made with 9.
- Isaiah Sykes accounted for 30.7% of the team's points.
- Tristan Spurlock accounted for 31.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Isaiah Sykes has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 18 games this season.
- Tristan Spurlock has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 18 games this season.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Isaiah Sykes's career.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Calvin Newell Jr.'s career.
- Calvin Newell Jr. had career highs with 24 points and 5 three-pointers.
- Tristan Spurlock recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Tristan Spurlock recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 4th of his career.
- Tristan Spurlock had a career high with 12 rebounds.
- Keith Clanton recorded the 34th double-digit rebound game of his career.
Rice Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Tamir Jackson and Julian DeBose) accounted for 43.2% of the points.
- Tamir Jackson has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 8 times in 18 games this season.
- Max Guercy has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Austin Ramljak has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Seth Gearhart.